Welcome Class of 1999!!

We came. We saw. We conquered. The 10 year reunion was a BLAST!!! Thanks to those of you that came out and sorry we missed those of you that couldn't. But there always the next one. This site will stay open. We would like to continue to have a place where people can go to find classmates and to spot-light the success of our classmates.

If you haven't done so already, contact Elaine Mercado (our web-master) at elaine_ward@hotmail.com and provide her with the link to your myspace/facebook/blog page (which ever one you want to be linked to your name). Ladies, if you've gotten married please be sure to give her both your married and maiden name. You will be listed by your maiden name.

Spread the word. We want to get everyone on here.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Mother's Love

I received an email from Ryan Crane's mom. With her permission, I share it with the rest of the class.

Dear Elaine,
I just wanted to thank you for including Ryan in your reunion. As a parent of a child that has died, when everything is said and done, your greatest fear is that no one will remember your child. As I was reading the paper on Saturday morning I saw the ad for the reunion and was curious and wanted to see what it looked like. I cannot tell you the joy that seeing Ryan's name on the top of the page brought to my heart. There are many days when I long for someone to say his name and let me know that they do remember him and miss him. Even though seeing his name is bitter/sweet for me it still means so much to me. I have many memories of all the accomplishments Ryan had at Golden Valley and all of the wonderful friends he had there. He loved school and his friends.
Thanks from the bottom of my heart.
Mrs. Dora Crane

In a separate email, she also said that it is always wonderful to hear from people that knew Ryan and she would love to hear from them. Her email is: RBKSMOM@comcast.net.

We'll see you in August class of 1999!

No comments:

Post a Comment